svensk datingside Vejle - E dating Furesø
The principal landmarks along the river valley consist of exclusive country houses and palaces and of water mills which developed into factories.
The Farumgård manor house built in the Rococo style in 1705 overlooks Farum Lake (Farum Sø).
Sophienholm between the river to the north and Lake Bagsværd to the south dates from 1768 but was completely rebuilt by the affluent businessman Constantin Brun in 1805. Owned by the Danish royal family, Sorgenfri Palace was built by the French architect François Dieussart in 1706.
The main building was redesigned in the Neoclassical style by Peter Meyn in 1790. The Brede Works originated with a mill in 1370 which was adapted for producing gunpowder in 1628, copper from 1668 to 1855 and clothing from 1831 until the factory closed in 1956.
The factories operated until the 1950s after which they began to close, leaving buildings that were put to other uses.
They included the Brede Works, now an industrial museum, and the Strandmøllen paper mill.
Det er et frit netforum for folk, der er åbne og gerne selv vil vælge.